Sunday, 21 January 2018

MG Zeta Plus S1 WIP #1

So this is my entry into the Gunpla Builders Association's 2018 Cannon Fodder Contest. I'm starting with an MG Zeta Plus A1 Test Type, and I would like to mod it into something of a sniper type, not entirely unlike the C1, but maybe a bit more robust or aggressive looking. I'm going to be scrapping the idea of a transformation, adding things that won't work in wave-rider mode. I have an old S-Gundam I'll be parting out in the course of this.

To start with I've robbed the S-Gundam of its main weapon for the Zeta Plus. I've added front skirts and new side skirts since I didn't particularly like the beam rifle side skirts from before.












Next up I want to remove the v-fin and replace it with something more Delta Plus.

Saturday, 6 January 2018

Overview of 2017

It has been a very busy year for me, I've got a new job and I've been going to school full time for the whole year. Finally had a year where I finished more than 6 kits, I've bucked the trend! Anywho, here is what I've been working on for this year.

The very first thing that I built this year was a scratch built cube! I think that anyone reading this after 2017 will think that is the dumbest thing they've ever heard. Trust me, building a Gundam Ver Logic was the coolest thing you could have done in the first quarter of 2017. So my entry into that page of Gunpla history, my Full Armour Gundam Ver Logic.


My second build of the year was the "What If?" of Zakus. A modified RG Zaku II, in a scenario of what might happen if after first contact with Operation V in Side 7, Zeon built a group of Zakus specifically for killing the Gundam. The first of (hopefully) three, the Heavy Zaku.


I'm really quite proud of this one, I mean there is about a dozen things that I could have done better with this one. But its really only grown on me since then. My third build of the year the Evangelion Unit 04, this one currently resides with the friend who originally gifted me the kit.


My traditional (now) orange painted Kotobukiya kit of the year the KG-6 Sleipnir, this one was really slow coming. I started this kit back in 2016 but really only finished it in this last year, at this point I don't know whether it was sheer laziness or my ongoing search for the perfect shade of orange paint that held this one back for so long.


I don't paint a lot of green kits, I think this is the third kit I've painted green the other two were just terrible though. The colour scheme for this one is very Votoms inspired, it's worth noting that I've never watched Votoms, feel free to tell me I've botched that one. The Efreet Space-Type, the very first Re/100 kit I've built to date, very enjoyable and I wanted to do something interesting with it.


So the next three are something of a matched set all have three shade of gray and red shoulders. Anyway the very first of the three was my Hyakuri Bastion, which I built for Stryderprime's contest. The other two the Gusion Rebake and the Kimaris Trooper were both built for the Speed Build Group Build at Gundam Eclipse.

Thursday, 21 December 2017

Completed Kits #26: HG Kimaris Trooper

Its taken me forever to get this flat coated and then to actually take photos of this and the Gusion Rebake that I built for a speed build, pretty sad considering that detail.

Anyway now that its done I'm pretty pleased with the results, I made them as a kind of matched set to go with the Hyakuri I built previously. If I'm honest I think that this one came out a little bit better than the Gusion.










Completed Kits #25: HG Gusion Rebake

Its taken me forever to get this flat coated and then to actually take photos of this and the Kimaris Trooper that I built for a speed build, pretty sad considering that detail.

Anyway now that its done I'm pretty pleased with the results, I made them as a kind of matched set to go with the Hyakuri I built previously.











Tuesday, 31 October 2017

HG Kimaris Trooper Custom WIP [Speed Build Edition]

Hello out there!

This is the time stamp for my second speed build this season, a HG Kimaris Trooper. At this point it still doesn't look like much, but I plan to have it all tied up in the next 48 hours or so.
So to start of done some of the basic stuff, I've done away with the rear skirt and the most egregious of seam lines: the entire length of the lance. The lance alone was probably far more time consuming than any part.








Progress!
Alright, so I've been removing mold lines, scratch building a new rear skirt, gluing a few things here and there, and patching some holes in the reverse of the shield.












Last WIP for the Trooper!
It took a little longer than the Gusion did, but I'm fairly pleased with the results.
So again I've painted and weathered it to match both the Hyakuri and the Gusion.
I'm a little on the fence as to whether I will come back to decal later or not.

Anyway came out to 52 hours or so.