Sunday 20 October 2013

HG AGE-1 Razor WIP #1

Currently at Gundam Eclipse we are running a Modified/Kit-Bash Group Build through to the end of 2013, for this one I will be building Bandai's HG Gundam AGE-1 Normal with the addition of Hobby Japan's AGE-1 Razor Conversion. I purchased both kits at a cost of $15 (CAD), so I won't be feeling the hurt too much if I mess them up a bit.

AGE-1 and Razor Conversion Boxes
AGE-1 Runners and Manual
AGE-1 snapped and Razor Conversion runners

I think to start I'm going to be removing the seams in the Razor's lower legs, lower arms, and the blue parts in AGE-1's chest component, the construction of Razor's shoulders seem to have the added benefit of removing the seams there as well. 

My current plan consists of turning this into a redo of my first modified kit, the HG Exia Dark Arms; I still like the idea of it in concept but in hindsight my execution is very messy. 
To accomplish that goal I intend to add Hobby Base's 1/144 articulate square manipulators, bits from Kotobukiya's Boomerang/Scythe set and their Beam Sabre/Mace set. To finish off the look a pair of metal thrusters and a pair of fuel tanks to replace the remaining one. 

Notes:

AGE - Mobile Suit Gundam AGE or 機動戦士ガンダムAGE (Kidō Senshi Gandamu AGE) is an alternate universe series and the 12th completed television series in the Gundam franchise. The key to a war between the people living on Earth and the people living on a colonized Mars is the Gundam AGE a self evolving machine which rebuilds itself numerous times each time getting stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment