Sunday 3 November 2013

HG AGE-1 Razor WIP #2

As mentioned in WIP #1; at Gundam Eclipse we are currently running a Modified/Kit-Bash Group Build through to the end of 2013, for this one I will be building Bandai's HG Gundam AGE-1 Normal with the addition of Hobby Japan's AGE-1 Razor Conversion. With that said since last update I have the Razor add-on finished up, with a few more alterations. 
AGE-1 Razor Snapped
I've added two downward drawn beam sabres to the backpack, and I've decided to go without the swords the kit came with. As they will clash slightly with what I have in mind.
AGE-1 Razor Long Sword attachment points
I had planned to scratchbuild a shield or brace of sorts for the left arm, I started with the AGE-1 Normal's basic shield and cut it up slimmed it down and then filled in the gaps using pla-plate and milliput. The shield is inspired by a variety of sources the Valvrave I's strike brace is probably the biggest one.
Reference artwork, Valvrave I's Strike Brace
Custom Shield beginning phase
Custom Shield complete
I've also decided on a one-hand long sword that will remain carried in hand until I figure out something better, and two short swords that can be drawn over the shoulder. 
Long Sword drawn
Brace, spikes active
I still intend to add some plating, fuel tanks, and the metal thrusters. I'm currently using a slight;y more bulky left arm to make it possible to mount the shield more easily.

Notes:

Milliput - A two part epoxy putty, comes in multiple colours I was using yellow-grey in the pictures above. This product comes in two separate tubes, you can cut them in equal portions, mix them thoroughly, and then apply where needed within a day or two it will typically dry rock hard, at which point you can sand it down into shape.

Pla-plate - Poly-Styrene sheets, the same stuff that credit cards are made of, come in multiple colours (I used black and white above) and thicknesses (from paper thin to 1/8" or so).


No comments:

Post a Comment