Sunday 22 December 2013

HG Seravee II WIP #1

Work in progress from December 13, 2013 to December 18, 2013.

This will be my second entry into the Gundam Eclipse 2013 Modified/Kitbash Group Build.

I got stalled in painting my HG AGE-1 Razor, there is a Christmas tree in the garage which I shouldn't paint.
So, I started work on a secondary project a HG Seravee II, so far I've got both lower legs done and one upper leg, plus a widened hip (the whole thing still requires a bit of reinforcement).

Seravee II lineart, reference artwork.
Seravee lineart, reference artwork.

Since there is no kit in existence that can be called a complete Seravee II, I'm basing it upon the parts that came with the HG Raphael. Juno Uno suggested I use bits from the HG Seravee to compensate for
the overly solid bits in the Seravee II's arms, I'll be using its chest too but it'll take some work.

Toes
Heels
The side skirts had some nasty gaps in them from the mold of the Seravee II (back pack or hat depending on the your perspective), I've used some pla-plate to build over the holes.

Side Skirts
I figured out something that will work out better for the ankle joint allowing it to stand a little more steadily and I think it looks a little better too. Basically, I used the shoulder components from the Thrones that I had left over from other things, I trimmed them for a "c-cut" and then glued them up. Resulting in better toe and heel articulation.

C-Cut
Ankles
I added pla-plate to the thighs to bulk 'em up a bit to match the rest of the leg.

Thigh
I next started cutting into the waist section, so that the 0 Gundam's hips will fit better and I'll be able to make use of an action base.
Waist
The back skirts had some nasty gaps in them from their former connection point, I've capped it off with some pla-plate, and I have yet to figure out how to attach them or the side skirts.

Back Skirts
I've removed the seam lines in the chest, trimmed the bit that pushes out the furthest at the front and added a bit that vaguely looks like a back pack. The lower torso components just slide in and out now.

Chest
I've done very little to the shoulders, with the exception of the flaps, which I gave the same treatment as the thighs.
Shoulder Flaps
Current Front View
Current Back View

No comments:

Post a Comment