Tuesday 11 March 2014

Project WarMachine WIP Weeks 1 and 2

I've got my kit lined up, I'll still be painting 3 LBX kits and 2 SDs before I get to this in
terms of paint but I can definitely start with mods now.


I'm not quite sure how I'll fit the "Five" theme in yet but I noticed that this will actually be the 5th MG that I have ever painted. My plans so far are to create an MS that matches my name "WarMachine", I've got missile racks for one side and an extra large gattling for the other, I'm hoping to figure out some proper flame throwers for one side too.

This one isn't the exact idea that I have but it conveys it well enough.


The detachable fuel tank is a little better now, though I think it could still be missing something....




So, I've also started work on Nu's gargantuan head, the crest is gone and the faceplate can be removed separately. I think I might aim for a more Zeta-like face plate.




I kind of decided to add a bit more pla-plate and round up the area behind that thrust to make it seem like it attaches more fluidly, I've also added a few little rectangular vents down near the end.




So admittedly the head looks really ugly at this moment the crest is cut off and sealed off with some black pla-plate (it was the thinnest stuff I had on hand) which makes it look kind of like Mr. T.




Alright, this is what I've got so far the head still doesn't look quite right, I've smoothed things down more thoroughly added a command antenna (kinda like Cherudim's) and sharpened up the face plate (its falling off in most of the pictures though).



I've started work on the chest, so far I have removed the vents capped the gap in the exterior armour with pla-plate and added a smaller missile launcher unit to the chest.






Got a little more done mostly chest components, I armoured up the cockpit hatch and added a little more asymmetry to it with a small missile rack on the right and just some extra plating on the left.




I've started something with the shoulders, I've got a few ideas it just a matter of implementing things right.

No comments:

Post a Comment