Sunday 9 November 2014

HG Astraea Dark Arms WIP #1

I figure that I'll start early on the Bio/Backstory stuff.

So my kit the HG Astraea Dark Arms will be based on my first ever modified kit, the HG Exia Dark Arms. I guess that it would be the first kit that I ever posted here at GE. If you were to describe the Exia Dark Arms in the terms of the GE Gunpla Builders Championship it would be a Close Quarters Space Use Gunpla. While the powers of the Exia were potent at close range it could be taken out
on the approach by long range weapons. Hand carried machine guns had to be tossed aside to make
use of blades for close range fights making the Exia a once only hit and run gunpla, a disadvantage
for a longer running battle. Throwing beam sabres was a further limitation for the model as they were of limited range and there were only the 4 mounted on the machine. Further trials in battle show the need for improvements in armour, speed and acceleration. Plus, the paint application was somewhat lacking.


My plan is for the Astraea Dark Arms to be an upgrade of the original in every possible way; to solve all of the problems I mentioned above and a few secrets I've cooked up to go with.


No comments:

Post a Comment