Tuesday 17 March 2015

Codename: MG Not-Nu WIP #9

I've finished the first attempt at a scratch-built sword, a short sword I can say that I'm not overly satisfied with it. It seems a bit too wide, it might be the right length but it doesn't have quite the right proportions for the Not-Nu.

Short Sword MkI

So the second take on the short sword is 2 mm narrower and 10 mm longer, I followed pretty much the same method of construction as with the first one. I cut two strips of plastic one is cut to the required dimensions including the tang and then glued to the other and trimmed to match. I then file out the tang and the blade and build the handle, guard and pommel separately.

Short Sword MkII

It hasn't got a point on it yet but I think its looking a bit better than the first attempt.

I've been thinking about a few other heat weapons besides the Longsword (maybe a Zweihander too) and Short Swords as well, a YouTube commenter Samuel Trejo suggested a large two headed axe. Maybe some throwing axes and knives. I won't be loading it all on at once because that would just be too much clutter instead I would like to create some sort of variable armament maybe some magnets involved and sheaths for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment