Tuesday 5 January 2016

Overview of 2015

It has been a pretty busy year for all sorts of things, this year alone has brought 2 new Gundam animes and the continuation of 2 others. I'd like to think that I haven't been any less busy with work on my own plamo.

The first completed kit of the year comes in the form of the MG Marasai Ver. War, I built up a custom rifle to go with this and painted it up with a couple shades of grey, red and a touch of oil-rubbed bronze to round things out. Overall it is very reminiscent of the mass production Zaku III.

MG Marasai Ver. War, completed January 13th, 2015
The second kit that I completed this year is the MG Shenlong Ver. EW, this one is just a straight build with the standard colour scheme with the only alteration being a little bit of extra blue. This one also turned out surprisingly clean.

MG Shenlong Ver. EW, completed April 2nd, 2015
SD Delta Plus and SD Banshee became my third and fourth completed kits of the year respectively, these are actually the very first SD's that I have ever modified and painted. The paint was pretty straight forward, my goal was simply to get a pretty anime accurate look for the banshee and then make the Delta Plus a little more Delta Gundam. For modications I just filled in a lot of gaps with putty to get some thing that I hope is a bit better looking.

SD Delta Plus, completed May 20th, 2015

SD Banshee, completed May 20th, 2015

The MG Re-Nu was probably my favourite project this year and the fifth model kit that I completed this year. I built this one up for the 2015 Gunpla Builders Championship Group Build at Gundam Eclipse. This one kit represents quite a few interesting things for me, a little bit of scratch-building and even some 3D printed parts that I designed myself. The colour scheme was a pretty straight forward colour swap of the original Hi-Nu that this was built around.

MG Re-Nu, completed June 30th, 2015
Overall I think it was a pretty good year for me, I wish that I had done a bit more in the later months but I was feeling a little burnt out and very busy with work.

No comments:

Post a Comment