Sunday 9 July 2017

Completed Kits #23: RE100 Efreet Space-Type

It has taken me a long time to write this, I have a lot of mixed feelings about this kit after the happenings of the last two weeks. This kit was always intended as my entry into IAGs 2017 contest; I didn't place or anything like that but I think I still had a lot of fun participating in the contest.

I had been at home visiting my family and painting their house for a few weeks during the middle of the contest  so when I got back home I put a rush on finishing it up in the span of ten days or so. I got right down to the wire on finishing it, June 29th and the judging began on June 30th through July 1st.

I had friends visiting me on the 1st for Canada Day and I remember being out downtown lining up with two of my friends for a concert by Deadmau5 when I got a text from my mother at 7:57 PM. My grandfather had died the previous night of a heart attack in his sleep. I'm putting this all in writhing, because if I'm honest with myself I'm still struggling to process it. My grandfather was pretty supportive of my hobby even if he didn't particularly understand my fascination with my tiny robots, but he and my grandmother always came to check out my work at the local hobby show.

It honestly feels better having written it all out.  

So this just my take on what a potential Efreet Space-Type could look like. Initially I was largely inspired by the Kaempfer Amazing from Build Fighters and where this contest was themed after the "Meijin Cup" it felt like a good fit.

Anyway to get the right look, I've removed all of the hoses and what not (the poly hoses that were included felt kinda clunky anyways), hopefully their removal doesn't stick out too much. From there I did a fair bit scratch building; fuel tanks a shield and two rifles.

I had a little bit of inspiration for the colour scheme from Votoms, I've never actually watched the anime but I felt like the militaristic green and red would be a good fit. I tried to keep the weathering to an absolute minimum, just a few touches here and there.













No comments:

Post a Comment