Saturday 6 January 2018

Overview of 2017

It has been a very busy year for me, I've got a new job and I've been going to school full time for the whole year. Finally had a year where I finished more than 6 kits, I've bucked the trend! Anywho, here is what I've been working on for this year.

The very first thing that I built this year was a scratch built cube! I think that anyone reading this after 2017 will think that is the dumbest thing they've ever heard. Trust me, building a Gundam Ver Logic was the coolest thing you could have done in the first quarter of 2017. So my entry into that page of Gunpla history, my Full Armour Gundam Ver Logic.


My second build of the year was the "What If?" of Zakus. A modified RG Zaku II, in a scenario of what might happen if after first contact with Operation V in Side 7, Zeon built a group of Zakus specifically for killing the Gundam. The first of (hopefully) three, the Heavy Zaku.


I'm really quite proud of this one, I mean there is about a dozen things that I could have done better with this one. But its really only grown on me since then. My third build of the year the Evangelion Unit 04, this one currently resides with the friend who originally gifted me the kit.


My traditional (now) orange painted Kotobukiya kit of the year the KG-6 Sleipnir, this one was really slow coming. I started this kit back in 2016 but really only finished it in this last year, at this point I don't know whether it was sheer laziness or my ongoing search for the perfect shade of orange paint that held this one back for so long.


I don't paint a lot of green kits, I think this is the third kit I've painted green the other two were just terrible though. The colour scheme for this one is very Votoms inspired, it's worth noting that I've never watched Votoms, feel free to tell me I've botched that one. The Efreet Space-Type, the very first Re/100 kit I've built to date, very enjoyable and I wanted to do something interesting with it.


So the next three are something of a matched set all have three shade of gray and red shoulders. Anyway the very first of the three was my Hyakuri Bastion, which I built for Stryderprime's contest. The other two the Gusion Rebake and the Kimaris Trooper were both built for the Speed Build Group Build at Gundam Eclipse.

No comments:

Post a Comment